After completing his university studies, Erich Staake, who was born in Hildesheim in 1953, worked as a manager at well-known multinational corporations including Bertelsmann AG, Gütersloh.
Erich Staake has been Chief Executive Officer of Duisburger Hafen AG (duisport) and Chairman of the Board of several subsidiaries since 1998. He has also been the Belgian Honorary Consul for many years.Send e-mail
- Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Mitteldeutsche Flughafen AG
- Member of the Economic Advisory Board of Deutsche Bank AG and Gothaer Versicherung AG
- Deputy Chairman of the Lateinamerika- Ausschusses der Deutschen Wirtschaft (LADW), the former BDI Brazil Board
- Member of the Senate at acatech – Deutsche Akademie der Technikwissenschaften
- Advisory Board member in the Bundesvereinigung Logistik (BVL)
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Fraunhofer-Institut für Materialfluss und Logistik (IML)
- Member of the Executive Board of the Nah- und Mittelost-Verein e.V.