Duisburger Hafen AG serves as the Port Authority for the public ports in the city of Duisburg.
The Port Authority is responsible for order and safety at the port.
Its primary tasks include:
- gathering and forwarding information relevant to order and safety (e.g. about excavation and bridgework, blockades, bans on berthing and meetings)
- actions linked with the duty to ensure traffic safety and to divert danger on the traffic routes (e.g. set up berthing bans, allocate moorings, provide information about changed clearance heights)
- assuming the duty to ensure safe travel for the transport of hazardous materials (e.g. obtaining detailed information about approaching ships carrying hazardous materials)
- water purity (information to the corresponding sites as well as organizing of actions when water pollution occurs)
- diverse navigation issues.