Now you can bundle flows of goods and establish competitive transport concepts with optimum initial and final legs. In the case of combined traffic, most of the distance is covered by rail or ship in order to utilize the economic advantages offered by these transport methods for long distances and high freight transport capacities. The initial and final leg per truck for small distributions is kept as short as possible.
Sustainable efficiency: Combined traffic
Shifting of as much freight transport as possible from the road into rail and ship significantly reduces the stress on the environment and already strained road systems. Almost every European country and all of the continent's important industrial centers feature intermodal connections to Duisburg.
- duisport plays a leading role in international railway transportation.
- This location is the number one railway hub in Europe.
- duisport also functions as the gateway hub for the large sea ports.
- Every year, duisport connects 25 national and international railway service providers and operators with 20,000 trains that target more than 80 destinations in Europe and beyond.
- At the port itself, in-house operated trains provide local feeder services and thus ensure seamless connections between the different terminals.
Duisburg links the sea ports on the North Sea with the production and logistics locations of the Rhine-Ruhr region.
For example, a designated shuttle train offers daily connections between Duisburg and Antwerp.
The regional shuttle trains operated by duisport offer connections to:
- Marl (Chemical Park)
- logport III (at Chempark Krefeld-Uerdingen)
Similar commuter traffic of other market participants significantly strengthens Duisburg's position in this segment.
- Duisburg is directly connected to the large North Sea ports through the Rhine.
- The port plays a very important role in the European river and canal system.
- It processes approximately 2,000 shallow-draft maritime vessels and more than 20,000 inland water vessels every year.
- In addition, the port is the world's leading inland container hub with a turnover of more than EUR 3 billion per year.
Whether Shortsea or inland water vessel - the port's many handling facilities ensure smooth operations during the loading and unloading of shipping vessels.
And so it is not just trailers, containers and swap trailers that reach their recipient via a multimodal transport chain and thus reduce the stress on the roads: duisport offers freight- and costumor orientated solutions for all fright types.
Your contact for intermodal transport concepts
Multi-modal transport concepts
- +49 (0)203 803-4417
- +49 (0)203 803-4430