Packaging, Logistics and Service
duisport packing logistics Group of companies
Port number 3650
Alte Ruhrorter Straße 42 - 52
Phone: +49 (0)203 803-2201
Telefax: +49 (0)203 803-2204
All-in-one solutions at any dimension - we pack and transport goods and items of all sizes including entire factories and production equipment. And duisport packing logistics is also the right partner for true-to-size series production for smaller units. We are an all-in-one provider for comprehensive logistics solutions and also offer excellent know-how in our main performance areas.
Your contacts for packaging
Dipl.-Kfm. Erich Staake
Chief Executive Officer
Duisburger Hafen AG
- +49 (0)203 803-4352
- +49 (0)203 803-4436
Dipl.-Ing. Hans-Peter Weinzierl
dpl Weinzierl Verpackungen GmbH
- +49 (0)941 30769-0
- duisport packing logistics is certified as a regulated representative RegB No. DE / RA / 0091701 / 0816
- duisport packing logistics is certified as AEO (CDE AEOF 11 88 90)
- We are a member of the Bundesverband Holzpackmittel, Paletten, Exportverpackung e.V. (HPE).
- Our company has been audited by IHK Ruhr and is recognized as a training facility.
- As an approved provider of temporary workers, we are able to guarantee the services of duisport packing logistics at the usual high quality directly at your location or at your supplier.
duisport packing logistics has been a part of the duisport Group since 2007. As the world's largest inland port, duisport acts as the trading and logistics hub for the Rhine-Ruhr region, the largest industrial metropolitan area in Europe. Approximately 300 companies, most of which specialize in transport and logistics, offer their services at the port. The dpl service range is thus integrated into an optimum environment, enabling our customers to derive significant benefits from intelligently linked logistics chains. The success of our customers is increasingly based on the diverse synergies jointly developed by duisport packing logistics and the duisport Group.
The complete value chain - take advantage of the benefits offered by comprehensive solutions from one source: By choosing duisport packing logistics, you have selected a partner that fully covers your entire value chain.
Discover the history of the duisport packing logistics:
- 1968 Company starts with the acquisition of “Essener Kistenfabrik” for manufacture of Packing materials.
- 1971 Company now has its new name VTS – as an abbreviation of Packing, Transport und Spedition. The goal is to provide the customer with a comprehensive service of Packing and transport, with the emphasis on packing for export. Shortly afterwards, rental in Essen of a packing hall.
- 1976 VTS erects own packing hall in Essen with an area of 2500 sq m at the port, with a crane capacity of 25 tons, 20000 sq m open storage, rail access and access to the Rhine-Herne canal.
- 1979 VTS Bremen is established: packing area of 5000 sqm.
- 1981 VTS develops VTS its own Loose Part System. Software implemented by selected plant construction customers.
- 1984 VTS undertakes industrial plant packing for first time. VTS transport sector extended. VTS completes large contract to pack 5 industrial plants with a volume of 250.000 FRT. First use of Loose Part System for unified logistics including deadline monitoring in 12 European countries.
- 1985 Packing operations start in Bremen abandoned, shipment routing concentrated in Antwerp.
- 1995 VTS starts packing operations in Chemnitz.
- 2001 VTS converts Loose Part System for use via the internet.
- 2005 Foundation of PortPack N.V. in Antwerp. (today: dpl International N. V.).
- 2007 VTS becomes part of the duisport Group.
- 2010 VTS is renamed into duisport packing logistics. Establishing of dpl China.
- 2011 Establishing of dpl Süd GmbH.
- 2012 Establishing of dpl Westfalen.
- 2013 Establishing of dpl India.
- Head office
- Inhouse logistics